Last Mile Learning’s mission is to “provide world-class learning opportunities at no cost to anyone working to improve lives in the developing world.”
We do this through a collaborative model that includes partnerships with development organizations, private sector partners and a community of volunteers to create technology platforms and develop learning content.
Available in English, Spanish, French and Arabic
If development organizations are to thrive, managers need to develop the knowledge and confidence to make full use of financial management tools. This program offers five eLearning modules on basic financial management skills These courses are designed to help managers make effective use of resources and gain the respect and confidence to prepare for long-term financial sustainability.
- Accounting Records
- Internal Controls
Available in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Arabic
NGOs excel at designing important, life-changing projects. Yet without the tools to manage them properly, some projects fail to deliver promised results. This course is designed to help your complete the right projects in the right way.
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Identification and Design
- Project Set up
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation
- Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
- End of Project Transition
Available in English
An organisation’s most important assets are its people. If your organisation is going to succeed, you’re going to have to get the best out of your team. These modules will give you the skills you need to lead people and manage them effectively.
- Delegation is Succeeding Together
- Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Training
- Managing Through Meaningful Conversations
- Performance Management for NGOs and CBOs
- Selection Interviewing
Available in English
Fostering a successful team means understanding how to nurture and guide those you support and lead. The team management modules are designed to help you achieve this.
- An Introduction to Instructional Design
- Delivering Presentations
- Influencing without Authority
- Leading Teams
- Managing Difficult Situations
- Preparing a Presentation Plan
Understanding how to manage ourselves is crucial to our own success. But building your own strength and capacity is also essential to being part of a larger functional team. These modules will help you to develop ways to better manage yourself.
- Communication Tools
- Setting Goals and Standards
- Stress Management for Everyone